Social Housing Scheme
D'Alton Street, Claremorris, County Mayo
Clár IRD manages and maintains the Lawn Social Housing scheme. The Lawn social housing scheme consists of 25 units of accommodation and a communal facility. The Lawn Social Housing Scheme was constructed with assistance from the Department of Environment. The scheme was launched in 2000 by Minister for Housing, Minister Robert Molloy.
The Lawn, Claremorris
- 17 one-bedroom units
- 6 two-bedroom units
- 2 apartments (All consisting of living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, back yard and front garden.)
- Communal Building & Communal Gardens
- Older people with a genuine housing need.
- Ex patriots from the area who have worked abroad all their lives and now want to return home.
- Older people with disabilities
With the assistance of South West Mayo Development Company Ltd's FÁS Community Employment Scheme, Clár IRD is in a position to host a range of activities for older people. These include the following activities:
- Coffee/Tea Mornings
- Parties, Garden Parties, Christmas Parties, Barbeques.
- Celebratory Mass
- Two computers with access to the World Wide Web and printer
- Drop in Centre
- Tai Chi
- Arts and Crafts
The Lawn Social Housing Scheme is located in the heart of Claremorris with services and local amenities in close proximity.
How to apply for accommodation
If you are living in the Claremorris area or surrounds please telephone or call in to our office on the Ballyhaunis Road.
If you are living abroad please phone, fax or email us. Please see our contact details on our Contacts page.