Clár ICH Ltd
Warmer Homes Scheme
Clár I.C.H. is very proud to be the promoters of The Warmer Homes Scheme since 2006. The Clár ICH Homes Scheme installs energy efficiency measures into homes occupied by low-income householders in the South West Mayo Area, North East Mayo and Achill Island. To date Clár ICH have insulated over 2,300 homes with attic insulation and/or cavity wall insulation.
Clár I.C.H. Warmer Homes Scheme takes a partnership approach on both a local and national level, locally with the Rural Social Scheme & TÃšS through South West Mayo Development Company employing 4 part-time employees, and nationally with SEAI - who provide funding; KSN- who ensure that the highest standards of attic insulation, cavity wall insulation and draft proofing are delivered, and the Community Services Programme employing four insulators and one administrator.
Clár ICH provides a professional service including:
- Draught –proofing doors and windows
- Attic insulation
- Supply and fitting of hot water tank lagging jackets
- Supply and fitting of low energy light bulbs
- Supply and fitting of smoke alarms
- Energy advice and awareness
- Cavity Wall Insulation
Clár ICH Warmer Homes Scheme
Supported by Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland, Community Services Programme (POBAL) & South West Mayo Development Company.
Description of Scheme
Clár ICH has undertaken to deliver the Warmer Homes Scheme in the South West Mayo area, North West Mayo Area and Achill Island. The aim is to insulate the homes to make them warmer, more comfortable, and lower the cost of heating. The following is a list of work that can be carried out in homes that qualify.
The following is a list of work that can be carried out in homes that qualify.
- Attic Insulation to a depth of 200mm
- Cavity Wall Insulation with Bead Insulation
- Draught proofing of doors and windows
- Fitting of a hot water cylinder jacket
- Pipe lagging and fitting of a cold-water tank jacket in attic
- Fitting two energy efficient light bulbs
- Giving energy advice to help reduce heating costs
Participants of the Rural Social Scheme (RSS) and Clár ICH insulators/surveyors will undertake the actual work in your home. All contact or questions in relation to the scheme should be directed to Clár ICH, Claremorris on 094 93 71830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must complete the official application form, please call us on 094 93 71830 or by email at email@example.com.
The Warmer Homes Scheme is available to homes which meet the following criteria:
- Owner occupied
- Constructed before 2006
- Occupants are in receipt of the Fuel Allowance as part of the National Fuel Scheme
- Jobseekers with children under the age of 7
- Working family payment
- One parent family payment
- Domiciliary Careers Allowance (must be living with person caring for).
You will be notified well in advance of the work being carried out.
If you apply but do not qualify for the scheme you will be notified. If you wish to appeal this decision you may do so directly to the board of Clár ICH who are not involved in the initial decision. You should address your appeal stating why you feel you should be included in the scheme to the Chairman, Clár ICH, at the address below, marking your envelope Warmer Homes Appeal. You will be notified within 30 days of the result of your appeal.
Warmer Homes Scheme Application Form
If you wish to apply for the Clár ICH Warmer Homes Scheme, please fill your contact details below.